Thursday 31 March 2011

Concluding March

Hello blog!

Weather in Wise is unpredictable. And that is saying a little. A couple of days ago when I left my room for breakfast at the cafeteria, there was literally 6 inches of snow on the ground. And currently, looking out from the window of my room, I see snowfall. It's practically April, and we're further South than Spain, what is this all about? It's not what I signed up for, I can tell you that!

I am kidding of course. For a Finn, the weather in here is not that harsh, but the locals seem to complain about it a lot. I do hope that I get to see the Virginia summer before I go as people tell me that it is amazing, and a lot warmer than the Finnish summer.

After this one I have four weeks of classes left. Just four weeks! I feel like the exchange period has passed by in a blink of an eye. This time next month I will be preparing for my finals, and after they are done I will stay in Wise for a week or two before setting out to conquer the world. Classes have been going well, although I have been frustrated at times for the amount of homework the lecturers give us. It seems like in here college students are not really considered responsible for their own studies but someone has to consistently watch over their shoulder to ensure that they really are studying. There's no choice but to adapt!

I seem to have forgotten about uploading the pictures, so now I will. They will be in the next post. 

3 comments:

  1. Mitkä siun maailmanvalloitussuunnitelmat siis on tarkalleen? Oon kuullu vaan etäisiä huhuja...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lennän kesäkuun lopussa Uuteen-Seelantiin ja meen sieltä sitten minne nenä näyttää. Näillä näkymin koulun penkille (ja Suomeen) olis tarkoitus palata kevätlukukaudeksi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi! Oon kyllä ihan hippusen kateellinen...

    ReplyDelete