Thursday 20 January 2011

Books books books

When the second week of my life in Wise nears its end I have come to wonder if I have overestimated my current workload and chosen too many courses for this semester. I am doing 16 credit hours this semester which might be considered much since 12 means one is studying full-time. Last night I had to stay up until 2AM doing my readings for today's classes and still did not get all of it done. This fact made me almost fall asleep in the history class. The habit of writing papers the last night before they're due might prove to be my downfall in the American college world. Also spent $200 on my books for the semester.

Besides having been busy with coursework I really haven't done much worth noting. The music classes started and they serve as a good break from the twice-a-week 6-hour day of English and history. During the weekend I had a few beers with my tutor and friends which was a nice change (at least got me away from the campus for a while). I have been to Wal-Mart a couple of times during my time here and I've grown to dislike going there although it's at times necessary to avoid starvation and provide variation to the cafeteria meals. Did I mention that I have a kitchen unlike most other students on this campus? It's about time to put it to some use.

Also: photo time!

And who might this George fellow be?


The Wise townhouse. Or supm.

Now this made me feel at home!

My bed. I also have a drawer and a wardrobe not visible in this pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment