Sunday 2 January 2011

It's almost time.

Okay fellas, the time is drawing nearer. Tomorrow at 14:20 my flight will depart from the Helsinki-Vantaa airport and I'll begin journey to the heart of the Appalachians. I have been playing around with the idea of taking only 100 things with me to the US and keeping that as my limit for the six months I'm there.

Today when I was packing I only found 50 items worth taking with me across the ocean. I didn't use Dave Bruno's method to group my possessions, as I don't find the exact number of items important but the fact that I'm trying to cut the number of things. Fully aware that I will probably buy a lot more stuff (such as a guitar and more clothes) while I'm there, I am nonetheless astonished at the shortness of the list. As you will see, there are a lot of rather unnecessary things included. Here's my list for review if anyone feels interested:
  1. Winter coat
  2. Lighter jacket
  3. Hooded sweater
  4. Hooded sweater
  5. Casual pants
  6. Casual pants
  7. Sweatpants
  8. T-shirt
  9. T-shirt
  10. T-shirt
  11. T-shirt
  12. T-shirt
  13. Underwear (5)
  14. Socks (5)
  15. Flannel shirt (lumberjack style!)
  16. Shorts
  17. Leather shoes
  18. Sneakers
  19. Alarm clock
  20. Passport
  21. Wallet
  22. A folder full of travel documents
  23. Empty folder
  24. Laptop and charger
  25. Camera and charger
  26. Phone and charger
  27. iPod, charger and earphones
  28. Woollen scarf
  29. Woollen mittens
  30. Pair of woollen socks
  31. Pair of woollen socks
  32. Belt
  33. Toothbrush
  34. Medication
  35. Nail scissors
  36. Travel towel
  37. Pen case full of pens (why list these separately?)
  38. Large backpack
  39. Small backpack
  40. Collected works of Jane Austen
  41. Guitar songbook
  42. Guitar songbook
  43. Swimming shorts
  44. Vasemmistoliitto cap
  45. Hairbrush
  46. 80's sunglasses
  47. Capo for guitar
  48. 4cl bottle of Koskenkorva Salmiakki
  49. Personal calendar
  50. Tonari no totoro figurine (with sound!)

No comments:

Post a Comment